Students Launch “Button” to Put Denied Access to Research on the Map | Open Access Button

One lament I have as a student and researcher is that my library often does not have full text access to a journal. Being the info geek that I am, I have access to various databases (my public library, the school I attend, and of course the databases here at Colorado College). As a last resort, I could even email my siblings at UC Davis to see if they can access the article. These students have created a button to help visualize the problem with access to academic journal articles.

Today, at an international meeting of student advocates for expanded access to academic research, two undergraduates from Great Britain announced the highly-anticipated launch of The Open Access Button – a browser-based tool to map the epidemic of denied access to academic research articles, and help users find the research they need.

via Students Launch “Button” to Put Denied Access to Research on the Map | Open Access Button.