GS 554 — Coming of Age in America: Contemporary Issues
- The lasting and growing impact of war on our youth and their experience.
- How can we foster a meaningful and nuanced understanding of issues related to war without relying on cliches that oversimplify and limit meaning?
Recommendations for Further Reading/Viewing:
- Waiting for Superman (2010)
- The Warriors: Reflections on Men in Battle by Jesse Glenn Gray
- The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara (2003)
- The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory, and the Legacy of Vietnam by Jerry Lembcke
- Matterhorn: A Novel of the Vietnam War by Karl Marlantes