Alan Harris '77

Alan Harris '77

This year is an election year for one of the three elected alumni trustee positions on the Colorado College Board of Trustees. The Alumni Association Board (AAB) has identified nominees to stand for election this spring to fill the position held by Jack Pottle ’77, who completes his six-year term in June. Jack has done an outstanding job as a trustee and in representing all alumni. We all thank Jack for his service to Colorado College. The other elected alumni trustees are Amy Shackelford Louis ’84 and Karen Rechnitzer Pope ’70 whose terms expire in 2014 and 2016, respectively.

Isabel Werner ’08 serves as the first young alumni trustee on the Board of Trustees. This is a pilot program started two years ago and Isabel’s enthusiasm and passion for CC was always evident as she looked at issues before the Board of Trustees through the eyes of a recent graduate. Isabel has done a great job as a trustee and completes her two-year term in June. The AAB recommended and the Board of Trustees has approved Angela Cobian ’11, as the second young alumni trustee. Angela will begin her two-year term in July (see insert).

This spring, the Colorado College Career Center, in collaboration with the alumni and parent relations office, will launch a new tool designed to cultivate career mentoring. The new tool will allow both students and alumni to interact with alumni and parent mentors through OurCC.

Thank you to our many alumni volunteers throughout the country and around the world. In 2011, Colorado College hosted 89 regional and/or affinity group events with 3,824 attendees. This achievement would not have been possible without the commitment and dedication of our AAB members, event ambassadors, city champions, and CC staff. Kudos to all involved for helping to grow engagement opportunities for our alumni — wherever they may be. You do make a big difference in advancing the interests of Colorado College! Thank you.

Angela Cobian ’11

Angela Cobian ’11

Angela Cobian ’11

Colorado College
Young Alumni Trustee

• Political science major, Spanish minor
  • Awarded the Fred Sondermann Award in Political Science
  • Student body president
  • Debate team
  • Teach for America
  • Currently a second and third grade English Language Acquisition teacher at Cole Arts and Sciences Academy in Denver
  • Nominated by the Mexican National Consulate to represent Colorado and the issues that face Mexicans abroad.

“My Colorado College education is an eternal gift; no one can ever take away the knowledge I acquired, nor the relationships I made during my four years. Now that I have graduated, I am thankful for the opportunities that I have before me — all due to my intellectual development at Colorado College.”

— Angela Cobian ’11

Beer

Mark Fischer '02, Sam Brown '02, and Mike Belzner ’00 hosted the first CC Twin Cities Alumni Beer Brewing Event. The Big River Brown Ale Minnesota Alumni Beer was a hit.