1. Gregory from Hanover, N.H.
    At the men’s ice hockey game, I became a part of the cheering squad and shared the excitement with everyone. Every single person I talked to was welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic. I didn’t want to leave the campus [after that visit] that Sunday because, in that short weekend, I had already built friendships and a relationship with CC.
  2. geology class in the fieldAbigail from New Canaan, Conn.
    [The idea of] being able to go with my geology class into the Rockies or [to study] “24 plays in 24 days” leaves me speechless. Colorado College exemplifies that “WOW” factor I was looking for in a college.
  3. Charles from Fort Collins, Colo.
    At one time I had considered attending art school to study film, but I have decided that a liberal arts education will allow me the opportunity to gain more diverse knowledge, allow intellectual exploration that is important to me, as well as require and expand my creative skills. The new Film and New Media major at CC will allow me to develop my interest in and knowledge of film.
  4. Jacqueline from Bend, Ore.
    CC is an amazing place to major in science. In the Cellular Biology class I attended, the professor explained his research question involving the nerve reactions of worms, and the students had the chance to offer their own hypotheses. This was something I had not expected: an entire class of undergraduates actively involved in a professor’s research.
  5. Brooke from Austin, Texas
    The thrill of learning is quite familiar to me, but the sense of belonging proved to be invaluable. In hindsight, no other place on Earth that I have ever known has convinced me like Colorado College that I can achieve anything that I desire.
  6. around the fireKatie from Dallas, Texas
    On my overnight stay, I was matched with [a student], and although we only met once, we connected like old friends. When she shared her most recent block break camping adventures, I easily imagined myself exchanging ideas under the stars with her and her friends.
  7. Alayna from Louisville, Ky.
    Because all classes are from 9 to noon, the entire campus shares the same schedule. This universal class schedule makes planning social gatherings, study groups, and club meetings more natural, creating a relaxed yet challenging learning environment that fosters a happy and connected campus. And that is exactly what I experienced at CC.
  8. Jamie from Chappaqua, N.Y.
    greek 2
    I was impressed with the service opportunities that include teaching environmental awareness to children, volunteering with senior citizens, building houses through Habitat for Humanity, and focusing on philanthropy through the Greek-life system.
  9. Emma from Manitou Springs, Colo.
    The connection between professor and student that was fostered in C.J. Pascoe’s sociology class was absolutely unique, and speaks to the freedom and intimacy of the block system in a liberal arts school setting. As a class, we were able to relate to one another on an entirely human level.
  10. Luke from London, UK
    I noticed that [CC was] born in 1874. I was born in 1994. According to the Chinese Zodiac calendar, we were both born in the Year of the Dog. It’s fate.
  11. Christian from Timonium, Md.
    [During] my visit I texted a good friend of mine from high school who is a freshman at CC. I asked what he was doing, and he wasn’t watching TV or playing FIFA, but instead, sitting in on a lecture given by a highly acclaimed [visiting] author. I think his actions depict what every Colorado College student is about, discovering and learning about the world by any means possible.
  12. Gareth from Seattle, Wash.
    As I toured the campus and learned about everything from dorm rooms to the Cuban Music class, the things that struck me the most were my conversations with the students. When I asked them why they attended Colorado College, each one gave me a different answer …[and talked] passionately about why they love [CC].
  13. Will from Portland, Ore.
    Just thinking of the opportunities that I would have to explore almost anything that I love with funding from a Venture Grant is mind-boggling and exciting.
  14. Benjamin from Wolverhampton, UK
    The differing attitudes the US and UK hold toward Israel fascinates me… The International Political Economy major would allow me to combine my interest in both politics and economics in a global context.
  15. Sara from Dunedin, New Zealand
    I enjoy doing one thing at a time and devoting my time, energy, and ability to that job. The Block Plan provides the best approach to my personal learning style.
  16. Grace from Brooklyn, N.Y.
    I am a passionate dancer and choreographer… Colorado College’s dance program values not only the performance aspect of dancing, but also the idea of finding your own specific voice through dance.
  17. Mallory from Chantilly, Va.
    Armstrong quadWhen I walked onto campus, I had that “aha!” moment, that intangible, indescribable feeling that this was “the one.” At CC, students realize diversity is what makes the school so unique. They encourage individual expression and thrive on differences of opinion.