5 Mistakes Holding You Back from Landing a Creative Job

by SarahJaneReign via Fairygodboss | June 05, 2019
Re-posted from Vault

People often envision the life of a creative like this: First you put your blood, sweat, and tears into building up a portfolio of work. Then you struggle endlessly to find a job, let alone one that pays enough to make a living. And, to be fair, it is hard to find a creative job. But that has a lot more to do with how we go about finding and applying to opportunities, and less to do with a lack of work available. Don’t worry, there’s a better way. I know, because I’ve lived it.

[READ MORE to] find my guide of what not to do, written by someone (me) who went from being an absolute unknown in the industry with no experience, no portfolio, and no connections to an award-winning copywriter who’s working for herself and regularly turning down projects. I made these mistakes first-hand so that you don’t have to. Take these tips. Absorb them. Use them to forge your creative path forward.

https://www.vault.com/blogs/job-search/5-behaviors-preventing-you-from-landing-a-creative-job?&utm_source=WCU_Letter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=06_06_2019&referer_ID=7778&utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=105106