Want to make a difference? Fahe is on a mission to eliminate persistent poverty in Appalachia. Our unique collaborative model connects a Network of local, regional, and national leaders, working together to overcome the economic insecurity grasping at our communities and get them working again.
Our ability to achieve this vision depends upon us being able to hire amazing people. This position will work with the team to lead initiatives on prosperity in Appalachia. The Coordinator will work with smart, dedicated, big-thinking colleagues on making a difference in this country, receiving meaningful feedback and mentorship.
Help Us Build Something
• Fahe is building on our ability to combine best practices in community development and cutting-edge on-the-ground work to reach that vision of our region and country. Overall, the position would participate in helping build that capacity as a key member of the team, working alongside communications, research, and programmatic efforts.
• The position would collaborate with our Member organizations located around the beautiful mountains of Appalachia, learning how they combine housing, employment, and economic programs. Employment plans could take the form of putting coal miners to work in new fields, in building broadband, and more.
Research/ Programmatic Work
• Perform research on best practices nationwide around community development, especially focused on economic opportunity and employment, that is happening outside of the major metro areas to inform the above work
• Reach out to our 50+ Member organizations to engage with them about the strategies they are employing in Appalachia
• Compare national trends to see what might work, and be creative about ideas for new initiatives to bring investment into Appalachia
• Building on research Fahe has already carried out plus the above research efforts, apply them to the real world by spearheading creation of a potential pilot project to leverage Fahe Members existing activities to bring additional employment options to the population Fahe Members are serving.
• Work with Fahe Communications and Membership functions to reach our Member organizations about opportunities that they see or we see for them to pioneer new strategies
• Outreach to potential new partners / practitioners to learn about their best practices and explore opportunities to collaborate
• Keep an eye out for/ identify media opportunities to broaden our reach and help produce content for those opportunities
• With the Opioid crisis raging throughout our region and the necessity of moving recovering persons into meaningful employment, some amount of connection with an existing Fahe Opioid Task Force to glean best practices would benefit and facilitate this work
- A belief that people should have a good job, good choices, and a good life, whether they’re born in New York City, Knoxville, or Hazard, Kentucky
- Interest in considering the broad economic structural transitions affecting our country such as automation and de-industrialization, and the desire to see the economy work for all people
- Skill at building relationships and cultivating collaboration
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team and with a diverse group of people and settings
- Self-starter, able to initiate and juggle multiple projects and work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- College graduate with 3.0 minimum GPA.
View the listing to learn more and apply!