The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for a full-time Environmental Communications Support position with the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
What the EPA project is about
The Office of Research and Development at the EPA supports research to improve the scientific basis for decisions on national environmental issues and help EPA achieve its environmental goals. Research is conducted in a broad range of environmental areas by scientists in EPA laboratories and at universities across the country.
What you will be doing
The team member will assist the director and deputy director of the Sustainable and Healthy Communities (SHC) Research Program, which supports sustainable solutions to environmental problems. He/she shall provide administrative and communication support to the deputy and SHC team. This work includes creating developing plain-language descriptions of scientific research, which will be shared within and outside of EPA. He/she shall also assist in tracking and reporting EPA research that addresses environmental justice. The team member may also participate in cross-Agency discussions on scientific activities and priorities related to environmental justice.
- Assisting with identifying and facilitating approaches for tracking environmental justice and sustainable community related research;
- Maintaining a system to track projects in progress;
- Maintaining records of meetings, correspondence, and documents;
- Assisting in promoting and coordinating the use of web-based and other mechanisms that promote collaboration among ORD scientists;
- Analyzing activities and processes across the federal government; and
- Assisting with the logistics and coordination activities for briefings, meetings, workshops, and other collaborative efforts.
- Assisting the team in developing presentations;
- Assisting in developing documents that summarize research activities;
- Assisting with facilitating the appropriate communication and outreach related to environmental justice and community sustainability related activities including: creating one-page summaries, developing longer pieces based on directed background research, and developing communication materials for wider audiences; and
- Summarizing research for sharing with EPA audiences, communities, governments and other organizations.
Learn more and apply on Handshake!