What is the Diverse Investors Summer Experience?
The Diverse Investors Summer Experience is a paid 10-week internship program exclusively for college sophomores to develop critical skills needed for a successful career in the financial services industry. Participants in this program will be part of a cohort of students bringing their unique perspectives to Fidelity.
We believe our culture of diversity and inclusion makes us more effective in serving our customers, developing our employees, and strengthening our communities. We recognize the value that your individual differences and perspectives can contribute to the success and growth of our company. We promote an environment that embraces collaboration, innovation, and service. Harnessing the power of diversity supports our market leadership – now and into the future.
What does this internship entail?
This program will cover technical and industry skills training, hands-on experience, mentorship, and networking across our Asset Management Division. You will have the unique opportunity to learn and develop alongside investment professionals from our various asset classes. From learning about fundamental research with our Equity group, to understanding how to build unique client offerings with our Global Asset Allocation group, this experience will provide you with the understanding you need to build a successful career in asset management.
At the conclusion of the summer experience, successful interns will have the option to explore various junior internship opportunities within our Asset Management Division.
Where is this internship located?
Who can apply?
Class of 2020 sophomores from U.S. accredited four-year colleges or universities who possess the following characteristics:
· Strong commitment to academic excellence and professional growth
· Demonstrated leadership/initiative in their academic and extracurricular pursuits
· Intellectual curiosity and the ability to think analytically
· High motivation and independent thinking
· Outstanding academic performance
· Team player and collaborator
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Commitment to diversity and inclusion
We we encourage you to use your resume to highlight leadership and extracurricular activities that you’ve participated in throughout high school and college. Examples could include student government, job experience, clubs, sports, debate team, Model UN, etc. Please also highlight any scholarships and awards that you’ve received.
What are the required application materials?
· Brief cover letter
· A 500-word essay (maximum) or a 5-minute video (maximum) highlighting why you’re an ideal candidate for this program and how your unique differences can contribute to Fidelity’s Asset Management Division. (If you’re providing a video, please upload the video to YouTube and provide the link in your cover letter.)
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com