To see this posting on Handshake, click here
Community solar is one of the fastest growing industries in Colorado. SunShare is proud to have been part of that for the past five years and are looking forward to continued growth. SunShare is one of the nation’s first and largest community solar companies. We are currently seeking both full- and part-time Community Solar Consultant in the Denver – Boulder area. As a Solar Consultant, your responsibility will be to educate residences on the benefits of community solar thereby enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to better their lives.
To be an unstoppable force, rethinking conventional forms of energy, reducing reliance on fossil fuels, being kinder to the environment, and helping anyone and everyone do the same.
To give everyone access to clean, renewable energy solutions – enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to better their lives.
SunShare started with a simple idea: to give anyone with an electricity bill access to solar energy. Five years later, we’ve stumbled across something even bigger- a new way for utilities and consumers to move from centralized power generation to distributed energy, tap the power of the private sector, and tackle climate change in a cost-effective manner.
Founded in 2011, we are one of America’s largest and fastest-growing community solar companies. We believe making clean energy choices for businesses, institutions, residential and renters should be easy, and that anyone with an electric bill should have the option to purchase solar energy. We are a dynamic and highly driven company developing 1-5 MW community distributed solar projects at scale. With offices in Minneapolis and Denver, we are committed to hiring and developing the best talent from around the world.
The Community Solar Consultant will be based out of SunShare’s Denver office and will be principally responsible for nurturing community solar customer prospects to close while representing the professionalism and the focus on customer-experience that is a core value of SunShare. This position requires experience in direct B-to-C sales as well as excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. The candidate will be required to effectively master and articulate SunShare’s value proposition, diligently track activity using SunShare’s systems and processes, participate in some evening and weekend events, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the company’s messaging and sales operations. Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced and unstructured environment and should be an independent thinker and problem-solver.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Strategizes/preplans on how best to achieve sales objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information.
• Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs.
• Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the goals set by management.
• Maintains professional relationships with all customers by participating in effective work with sales calls, sales blitzes and community events.
• Remains informed of company activities and updates by attending and actively participating in weekly sales meetings.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Strictly adheres to all regulatory and consumer protection compliance including delivering disclosures to prospects.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
• History of success
• Tenacity and a positive mental attitude
• Professional, friendly, curious, energetic, team player
• A drive and passion for spreading renewable energy to the masses
• Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit where required
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle