Check out the full Handshake posting: #4553610
Bridge Scholars Program Peer mentors provide peer mentoring, program planning and support for the two-week summer intensive BSP in August prior to NSO. During the academic year, peer mentors are responsible for periodic check-ins with first-year BSP students, organize informal gatherings, and each mentor will collaboratively plan and run one to two major BSP events/activities.
Check out the posting for full details on responsibilities for Spring 2021, Summer, and throughout the 2021-22 academic year. Highlights: must enroll in Block 7 adjunct, arrive on campus by 8/8/21 and stay for the duration of the summer intensive, must be on campus and available to first-year BSP students 5 blocks out of the 8 blocks, must be on campus for block 1.
· Ability to communicate effectively and proactively with 1st year BSP students to develop relationships with students individually and as a community.
· Understanding and a willingness to learn and embrace diversity, the ability to think critically.
· Good judgment and a positive attitude for problem-solving and conflict management.
· Good disciplinary and academic standing at CC.
· See description for full list