PublicRelay is looking for analysts to provide in-depth media intelligence and executive level reporting to Fortune 500 level companies, national trade associations, and federal government agencies.
PublicRelay has developed a sophisticated software and service which allows analysts to identify actionable media insights for communications, marketing, and strategy executives. Our analysis enables executive level clients to understand their media landscape and assess the impact of their teams’ efforts.
PublicRelay is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in Tysons Corner, VA. We are Metro-accessible and just a 5-minute walk from the Silver Line.
Media Analyst Role
Analysts assess traditional, social, and broadcast media from all over the world to provide clients with a highly refined view of their most important coverage. The media intelligence that PublicRelay provides allows our clients to develop sophisticated strategies for promoting their companies and brands.
Successful candidates possess a mix of intelligence and interpersonal skills which allow them to build personal relationships with C-suite clientele. Candidates must be highly analytical, self-motivated, and have demonstrated the ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadline pressure to support daily client deliverables.
Due to our clients’ need for timely analysis, the willingness to work a schedule that is shifted to early morning hours (e.g., 6AM) is important.
- Utilize our proprietary systems to prioritize and filter domestic and international media content
- Build relationships with executive level clients to understand their needs and provide concise analysis
- Research and gather additional data for clients to provide a more comprehensive picture of people and events in the news
- Build complex analytic reports based on coverage analysis to identify patterns and trends
- BA/BS, in an analytically rigorous area of study with a minimum 3.4 GPA
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A personality which thrives on reading news of the day
- Intellectual curiosity and experience using search tools and electronic databases
- Ability to digest a substantial flow of information and synthesize it into an insightful, executive-level synopsis under tight deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to interact with sophisticated and senior client executives who rely on our analysis
- Ability to identify big picture developments and succinctly communicate them to others
- Superior organizational skills
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.