KUSA, the NBC affiliate in the Denver, Colorado market and a division of TEGNA Media, is looking for highly skilled, artistic Sports Photojournalist who can create sharable, memorable and quality content for television, social media and mobile.
We are looking for a journalist who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest photography, editing tools, and techniques. The expectation is to create unique and exciting content on all platforms. You would be covering professional, college, high school and weekend warrior sports.
In this role, you will:
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (user generated content, still photos, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Contact sources and develop sports stories.
- Produce sports features that are unique and captivating.
- Experience in covering and a passion for sports is a big plus.
- Need to be willing to try different approaches to take sports coverage to a new level.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Edit and post video and text content stories for website.
- Develop relationships with local sports teams/athletes to enhance content.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience preferred.
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems.
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven material.
- Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active sports presence on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including attaching images and streaming video. Must include social media.
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills.
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
- Must be a self-starter and come to work daily with a great attitude.
- Ability to carry equipment throughout the work day.