Hiring a CC student for transcription services on research/writing project.
Scope of Work: Working from recorded audio files, transcribe the audio content into written Microsoft Word documents.
- Audio files are .mp3 or .wma format
- 30 files in initial work set, additional files to be added at a later date
- Audio file length varies from 45 seconds to 30 minutes
- Total recorded minutes combined may require 8-10 hours of transcription work to start
- all audio files are clear, in the same voice, with good diction and no background noise
*A Transcription Kit is available for use if desired – kit consists of DSS Player software (Windows and Mac versions available) and a foot pedal that controls the playback of the recording with play, pause, fast forward and rewind controls. Easy to use – 10 minute training needed to learn to use the kit. The pause/play control assists in the transcription process.
Work space is not provided, but any location with a computer, Microsoft Word, and the ability to download .mp3 or .wma audio files, will support the work.
Skills Required: Basic computer, typing and editing skills necessary. Familiarity with downloading and playing audio files and word processing with Microsoft Word required.
Compensation Options: Minimum Wage – $12/hour OR $1/written page
To Apply: Email interest and questions to email@example.com or call Michael at 719-963-6121