A successful and well-attended event depends on collaboration and a commitment to completing a few simple tasks.
You, or your representative, must reserve space and post your event information to the Campus Calendar. For an event to be included on the Campus Calendar, the event status must be 31+ and the “Campus Calendar(s) Display Option” must be set appropriately.
Posting your event on the Campus Calendar by the 15th of the month prior to your event, with complete event details and a photo, sets in motion the promotional support from the Office of Communications. Incomplete calendar listings will not be shared with media or with community members via the distribution list. Complete listings receive the following promotional support from the Office of Communications:
- Distribution of event listing to all Front Range media
- Emailed to approximately 4,000 community events calendar subscribers
- Sharing on social media
- Inclusion in the Monday “Around the Block-Campus Events” newsletter to campus community
- Listing on Peak Radar community calendar
- Daily Digest posting(s) — Planner’s responsibility to post
- Posters, flyers, direct mail to target audiences, or digital slides (or you can use Canva to create these yourself — Contact us for training and access)
- Feature story on CC blog for Around the Block-Campus News newsletter — Contact Stephanie Wurtz
- 91.5 KRCC underwriting for on-air announcements or sponsorship reaching more than 60,000 listeners/week
- Ad placement in local print and radio or TV — Communications can provide ad design and book ad space on your behalf
If you would like photography of your event for documentation purposes, the Office of Communications can provide you contact information for quality freelance photographers to cover your event.
*Submitting a Project Request Form requesting “communications planning/strategy support” initiates work with the communications team to develop a promotional strategy and targeted messaging for a major event, program, or series.
Note: Communications requires four weeks for every project requiring a promotional campaign or design services. In addition to this time, allow up to 10 business days for printing and for mailing when planning your project.