Call for Papers
Participants can address any issues touching on Lacanian theory in the broadest sense, and the following topics are meant to be suggestive rather than exhaustive:
* New forms of racism
* Lacan as a political theorist
* The politics of psychoanalytic media theory
* Feminism in the contemporary world
* The relationship between psychoanalysis and philosophy
* Intersections between psychoanalysis, critical race theory, and popular culture
* The political function of fantasy
* Politics and sublimation
* Theorizing populism
* Psychoanalysis and the struggle against racism
* Politics in relation to the symbolic, imaginary, and real
* Queer theory and psychoanalysis
* Politics and the new realism
* Psychoanalysis and feminism
* Intersection of economics and politics
Please email paper proposals as Word attachments, including title, 250-word abstract, brief bio, and a short bibliography (3 to 5 entries) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
To propose a pre-constituted panel, please send the individual abstracts and other information in a single attachment.
Proposals are due by May 1, 2017.