Community Conversations – “The Homeless Divide”
Last Thursday, Colorado College partnered with The Gazette to host a panel discussion on homelessness. This forum is part of the “Community Conversations” project that The Gazette recently kicked off to offer different viewpoints and seek input on important and sometimes divisive community issues. “The Homeless Divide” is the first of many community forums to be held at CC.
The six-member panel included:
- Suzi Bach, the wife of Mayor Steve Bach who has been actively involved in homelessness in the Springs.
- Richard Skorman, co-owner of Poor Richard’s stores and restaurant downtown and a longtime community volunteer.
- Bob Holmes, executive director of Homeward Pikes Peak.
- M.J. Thomson, a Colorado Springs Police Officer and member of the Colorado Springs Police’s Homeless Outreach Team.
- Sarah Stacy, director of the Resource Advocate Program at Springs Rescue Mission.
- Richard Peitzman, Director of Community Relations at Set Free Bikers Church.
You can view a few highlights from the forum at
- 13th May 2013 -
- Posted by Jill in General