National Recognition for CC Faculty
It has been summer of recognition for CC faculty including -
- David Mason ’78, Professor of English and Colorado Poet Laureate, has a new poem, “Another Thing,” published in the July/August issue of Poetry magazine. In addition, a new book “David Mason: A Critical Introduction” by Gregory Dowling explores David’s contribution to American poetry.
- Ofer Ben-Amots, Professor of Music, was recognized with second place in The American Prize national composers contest for his composition “From Darkness to Light,” a concertino for clarinet, mandolin, and chamber orchestra. I was lucky to see Ofer’s composition performed in January at “A Journey of the Human Spirit,” a collaboration in Denver that included five of Colorado’s leading arts and cultural organizations.
- Darrell Killian, assistant professor of biology, and his wife, Eugenia Olesnicky Killian, an assistant professor of biology at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, were awarded a three-year NSF grant of $677,091 to study how genes regulate the nervous system.
- Eric Shaw, a visiting instructor in Film Studies, took home the Emmy award for Oustanding Writing in Animation for his work on the PBS television series “WordGirl.”
Congratulations to all!
- 17th July 2013 -
- Posted by Jill in General