Board of Trustees Update
Dear Campus Community,
Last weekend, the Board of Trustees was on campus for its annual February meeting. There was much enthusiasm about the progress we are making as a college community. The board approved several items including:
- The 2014-15 budget, setting tuition and fees at $46,410. For students living on the campus, the comprehensive fee will be $57,162, with a standard double room rate of $6,176 and the meal plan C rate of $4,576.
- Tenure and promotion for four faculty members. Congratulations!
- Pedro de Araujo, Assistant Professor of Economics and Business
- Peggy Daugherty, Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- Stefan Erickson, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- Peter Wright, Assistant Professor of Religion
- Tenure for one faculty member: Associate Professor of Theatre and Dance Shawn Womack. Congratulations Shawn!
- Emeritus status for retired Professor of Political Science Curtis Cook.
- The installation of solar panels on top of Cornerstone and El Pomar Sports Center.
In addition to the work done on the four standing committees of Audit; Governance; Investment; and Budget, Buildings and Grounds, the trustees worked with campus leaders on strategic projects. As a reminder, this year’s strategic project teams are Campaign Planning; Library Renovation; Campus Master Plan/Communication Plan; and Environmental Stewardship and Innovation.
The board heard presentations on campus safety, our newly-revised Half Block, and faculty-student research collaboration and enjoyed dinner with members of the Faculty Executive Committee. Thanks to all who helped make the board meeting a success.
- 25th February 2014 -
- Posted by Jill in General