Skip to main content area Skip to block navigation Skip to institutional navigation Skip to sub-navigation

The Colorado College blog network

Create a blog | Log in

President Jill Tiefenthaler's Blog

Celebrating Boettcher Scholars

Last night, I hosted our Boettcher Scholars dinner. This annual event celebrates our relationship with the Boettcher Foundation and honors our senior Boettcher Scholars. Only 40 Boettcher Scholarships are awarded to Colorado high school graduates each year, so it is very competitive. The scholarship can be used to attend any four-year college in the state.  For those scholars who choose CC, the Foundation’s scholarship covers 67% of the cost and and the college picks up the other 33%. In addition, through the Boettcher Foundation’s leadership program, Boettcher Scholars have access to a $3,000 Boettcher Enrichment Grant to make possible an “extraordinary learning opportunity directly related to the Scholar’s major or career interest.”

This year’s seniors (pictured in our selfie below) are Sean Buck, Jena Fleiner, Thamanna Vasan, and Teo Price-Broncucia. This group has made many contributions to our campus community and each has taken advantage of the opportunities available at CC. Collectively, they have studied in Spain, London, Kenya, Botswana, Ukraine and Russia and have researched alternative energy, culture and policy, global health, and economic development.

photoBS

 

No Comments Yet

Leave a response


css.php