In the last few weeks our Rockies Project Field Researchers left the Grand Canyon, crossed Lake Mead, traveled over Hoover Dam and down through Black Canyon and have just crossed Lake Mohave. Up next is Lake Havasu and Parker Dam before continuing south towards Mexico. Follow their progress through their SPOT GPS here: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=03tlc4QaiXLxIl397nG6BRPCsFzK69usD.
Rockies Project Mission StatementBuilding upon 130 years of service to the region, the Rockies Project conducts state-of-the-art research helping Rockies residents clearly see our communities, our environment, and our economy so we can better shape our future.
- Community Based Conservation in Greater Yellowstone
- American Bison: Native Wildlife or Domestic Livestock?
- The Effects of a Warming Climate on Glacier National Park
- Our Beef Doesn’t Burn: Ranching vs. Drilling in the Thompson Divide
- Protecting native wildlife to maintain ecological and economic stability: westslope cutthroat trout