Answers for Thursday, 2/21:
1. What are at least 6 different areas of support in The Butler Center?
Answer: Mentoring, First-Gen, identity development, student development, leadership development, holistic advising, all teaching and learning experiences, professional development
2. Where is The Butler Center located?
Answer: 2nd Floor of Worner Campus Center
3. Who is the confidential resource in the Butler Center and what is their title?
Answer: Noble Gough; Gender & Identity Development Specialist
4. To request a teaching and learning experience facilitated by The Butler Center staff, one should:
Answer: Submit a workshop request form on The Butler Center website
5. What are the days and times The Butler Center staff has open office hours?
Answer: 5pm-7pm on Tuesdays-Thursdays (except 4th Week and Half Block)
Answers for Monday, 2/25:
1. What two paid student employment opportunities are there in The Butler Center?
Answer: Internship & Program Assistantship
2. What is the mission of The Butler Center?
Answer: To lead Colorado College’s efforts in co-creating a learning community that is inclusive and just.
3. Name 6 student organizations affiliated with the Butler Center.
Answer: BSU, SOMOS, MOSAIC, Conversations on Whiteness, GlobeMed, EQUAL, FEMCO, MAPS, NASU, QCC, QSN, SASA
4. Name 3 of the programming and initiatives in The Butler Center.
Answer: Break the Block, #BeyondCC: Senior Transition Series, First Generation Collegiate Program, #imstaying, Heads of State (Sustained Leadership Roundtable), International Student Initiatives, The Enclave Living Learning Community, Men’s Leadership Initiative, Mind, Body, and Soul, S.A.I.L. (Sophomore Advanced Initiative for Leadership) Mentoring Program
5. Name the 2 annual all-campus events that The Butler Center hosts.
Answer: The Butler Center’s Annual Awards Banquet and the Student, Faculty & Staff Mixer
Answers for Tuesday, 2/26:
1. What is the name and title of the person that leads the Butler Center’s signature First Generation Collegiate program?
Answer: Ms. Pearl Leonard-Rock, Associate Director of the Butler Center
2. Name The Butler Center’s 5 pillars.
Answer: Diversity, Inclusion, Intercultural Exchange, Equity, and Empowerment
3. Which students can connect with Butler Center staff?
Answer: Every Student
4. Who is the Director of The Butler Center?
Answer: Dr. Paul Buckley
5. Where can you find out about upcoming Butler Center events?
Answer: The Butler Center’s Blockly Newsletter; The Butler Center’s Bi-Weekly Announcements Email, the Digests, Facebook (Like us: The Butler Center), Instagram (follow us: TheButlerCenterGram), posters around campus
Posted by email@example.com for the February 27, 2019 digest.