Why CC?

Hey Everyone

* I came across this letter I wrote for the admissions office quite some time ago.  These words can’t speak any more truth today…

When I began looking at colleges as a senior, I had many preconceptions about who I wanted to be and what I wanted to be doing after graduating from college.  A year and a half later, I am excited by the limitless possibilities after college from many avenues of study at Colorado College.  The advantage of a liberal arts education is being well-rounded and versed in many disciplines with the chance to study fascinating material from all perspectives. 

So if you’re interested in a liberal-arts education, why Colorado College?  The answer is simple: why not?  I am from Colorado and have enjoyed living in one of the most beautiful places on earth.  However, almost every day I still walk outside my room in wonder at the beauty of this place.  Colorado College was the only school I looked at outside of the Northeast.  But, I think I made the right choice.  CC has something to offer for everyone.  Any outdoor sport or activity you could think of is a hobby of CC students, and weekends and block breaks give you plenty of chances to pick up something new or polish your skills. 

Aside from the outdoors, Denver and Colorado Springs offer all the amenities of any big city from concerts at Red Rocks to world class art exhibits.  There is no ‘typical CC student’, but the unique personality of each student creates a style and culture unique to Colorado College.  No matter who you are, you are definitely a CC student. 

There is nothing like the block plan anywhere else than CC.  Classes are small, in-depth, discussions valued for their quality of intellectual curiosity and varying perspective.  Relationships made at Colorado College between students and professors alike give you the opportunity to express and solidify your personal attributes.  After graduation, I will have had a world-class, unparalleled education  and countless memories.  I don’t regret my decision for a second. 

Until next time,

Onward!

1 thought on “Why CC?