Summer Motto

Summer is for reading! No matter what else you are doing, summer is the best time of the year to do some of the reading you’ve been putting off for the whole year. And in Colorado Springs, in such beautiful, gorgeous weather, it’s almost a crime not to. I recently finished reading Stieg Larsson’s The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played with Fire and am currently waiting for The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest to be returned to the library so that I can finish the series. They are great books, but I must also confess that I love books on espionage, conspiracies, social deviance and a little (read a LOT) of action is always the cherry on top.

That being said, I will read anything I can get my hands on. Right now, I’m reading The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy and The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri. Yes! at the same time. Total Truth by Nancy Pearcey is also on my nightstand, although I don’t get to it as often, I’ll typically read a chapter a week. I’d been waiting to read these books the whole year, but just never quite had the time, that little thing called school. This is just the beginning, so there will be more ramblings about what I’m reading. And just remember, what ever else you are doing, SUMMER IS FOR READING!