The Downtown Partnership of Colorado Springs is hiring an Economic Vitality Coordinator. The deadline is August 14, 2017. Check out more details on this position below:
The Economic Vitality Coordinator provides oversight and implementation of programs, projects and tasks that foster the growth and success of the Downtown business climate and create improvements to the public realm. The position ensures that all aspects of complex projects are coordinated and communicated with diverse stakeholder groups, and that systems are in place to measure successful implementation of projects and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree with preference to degrees in business, urban planning, construction management, real estate, public administration, economics, or a related field.
- One to three years’ professional experience.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of project management.
- Proficient in market research, business writing, analytics and data management.
- Demonstrated experience in complex program implementation and management.
- Passion for Downtown Colorado Springs, urbanism and the mission of Downtown Partnership.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and detail driven.
- Ability to analyze data sets and track important measures of success.
- Highly organized and schedule-driven with the ability to accommodate change and be flexible.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in the course of business relationships.
- Respect for a diversity of cultures and people.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; preferred working knowledge of ArcGIS.
Essential job functions:
- Provide oversight and coordination on projects, programs and tasks of the Experience Downtown Master Plan, as directed and prioritized by the Vice President of Development Services.
- Effectively communicate and work in partnership with consultants, project teams, city staff, volunteers, property and business owners, and others to ensure projects are supported and implemented effectively.
- Facilitate stakeholder engagement to communicate project goals and progress, addressing stakeholder concerns and resolving issues quickly and effectively.
- Coordinate details essential to project success and resilience, to include MOUs, Operations & Maintenance agreements, shared use agreements, and other tools to ensure the success of public-private partnerships.
- Track implementation and key performance indicators of the Experience Downtown Plan and support VP of Development Services in interpretation and dissemination of data.
BUSINESS SUPPORTIVE SERVICES
- Provide implementation, contract management or other lead liaison role for programs enhancing the business climate of Downtown, including but not limited to:
- Bike share program, operated through a contract for services.
- Holiday Pop Up Shop Program, leading implementation.
- Entertainment District, operated as a consortium of businesses.
- Under the direction of the VPs of Development Services and Communications, support initiatives to promote the positive attributes of doing business Downtown.
- Manage Building Enhancement, Signature Event and Special Project grant program.
- Represent Downtown interests in public meetings and planning efforts as needed.
- Cultivate, solicit and steward sponsorships and investment partnership in programs and projects enhancing the Downtown business climate.
- Identify and pursue grant opportunities supportive of the Downtown business climate.
- Provide excellent customer service and communications to residents, merchants, tenants, visitors and property owners.
- Implement special projects and other duties as assigned.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Deadline: August 14, 2017