Congratulations and Gratitude

Dear CC Community,

On Sunday, we celebrated the Class of 2024 in a moving Commencement ceremony at Ed Robson Arena. This class of graduates has demonstrated resilience, courage, leadership, and compassion throughout their time at Colorado College. Now, they will take those gifts into the world as part of our global alumni community.

Where is the Class of 2024 headed from here?
  • They have been hired as engineers, investment banking analysts, and consultants for private companies,
  • They are joining the Peace Corps and nonprofits focused on conservation, immigration law, and public health,
  • They are entering the medical field as assistants, lab technicians, and EMTs,
  • They are becoming teachers, therapists, coaches, and outdoor guides,
  • They are starting internships and fellowships, from our local KRCC radio station and the El Pomar Foundation all the way to Walt Disney World,
  • And many are headed to graduate programs in law, medicine, social work, economics, international affairs, and much more.

Graduates, the liberal arts education you received at CC sparked a curiosity and love of learning that will last a lifetime. As you continue your journey from here, I hope you will keep in touch to share what you’re up to and how CC can help. I also hope you will connect with fellow alums wherever you end up. Countless alumni have shared with me how meaningful these connections are to them. 

Thank you to all the dedicated staff, faculty, and volunteers who made Commencement weekend a success. Year after year, you create meaningful experiences for our graduates and their loved ones. You also make the CC experience what it is all year long — giving students the tools to think differently, helping them find and follow their passions, and surrounding them with care. Your efforts do not go unnoticed.

To our parents, families, and student supporters, thank you for entrusting your graduate to us for a few years. These remarkable graduates have inspired us to be better, and have left an indelible impact on CC. It was wonderful to experience first-hand the pride you had for your graduates during last weekend’s ceremony. 

Serving as President of CC has been an honor. As I prepare to say goodbye to this remarkable place, and to the people I admire, I am filled with gratitude for all that I have experienced and learned. Just as our students have been transformed by their experiences here, so have I. 

Congratulations, Class of 2024. I am so proud of all of you!

Warmly,

L. Song Richardson

President

View this email online
powered by emma