One more post…

I didn’t think I was going to write a third post. But I have to share my deep gratitude. I woke up this morning, feeling a sense of loneliness, leaving my newfound family. Along with the loneliness, though, I am excited to see where you all go and what you accomplish. Thanks to each and every one of you for picking me up when I felt down, supporting me, and holding me when I needed to be held.

I had a spiritual coincidence just now. I opened my backpack to go through old papers.. really old papers. I haven’t gone through my cluttered disgusting backpack since the beginning of the year. I was too afraid to stick my hand in the bottom to see what I would pull out. But today, I was drawn to. I found a lined page folded in three. Shit, I swear I gave my gratitude letter to Celinda. How had it made it in my backpack? I could tell it was newly placed in there because it was still perfectly folded.

I opened it: “Dear Lauren”

Someone wrote me a gratitude letter. Anonymously. And I know this won’t take you by surprise, but it made me cry. Tears of happiness. And gratitude. And love. And warmth. Thank you so much to whoever wrote that beautiful letter. I will cherish it forever.