What now?

It seems silly to attempt to write after the presentation Adam, Jacy, Jake, and I made yesterday, especially because I was the one to use music as my mode of expression, but here I go.

Religious experience, or meaningful experience, is an incredibly difficult thing to explain and to define and this is why I am so confused. Coming in to this class, I was a very unreligious person, and I still am, but something is different. I lost something during this class. It might have been something that needed to go, or it might have been something that I loved that was taken from me. I don’t know.

I’ll tell you what I do know at this point in time. I know that this is not the end. I know that I need to find something to replace what I’ve lost. I know that I will never directly be able to search out this “something” but that I still need to search. I know that in five years I will probably look back on myself in this class and give a quick chuckle at how lost I was, but at the same time understand how important this experience has been. And finally, I know that as soon as I publish this post, I’m going to go to Rastall, consume a sizable serving of food, drive to Silverton, and go skiing with four of my closest friends. And I’m going to love every minute of it. I know these things because I just said that I know them, and that is that.

-Max

2 Responses to What now?