So much to do, so much to say

On the field in the Bird's Nest Olympic Stadium

On the field in the Bird's Nest - the main Olympic Stadium

I finally just posted a blog I have been thinking about for weeks now. Read it below – it was a really funny story about Easter here in China.

On that same line, there are so many stories and adventures I want to share with everyone who reads this blog. For a few reasons, I have not been able to post as much as I would like recently: namely, my flash drive with a back log of finished pieces got erased recently; there are too many amazing things happening for me to get them all down on paper; and, I am having trouble keeping myself seated a chair in front of the computer!

A major distraction lately has been both the weather and the quickly approaching end to our semester here. The weather has been better and better here in Beijing, which makes it hard to stay inside too much. As our semester comes to a close that means two things: I need to get done all the stuff in Beijing I wanted to do before May 2nd and we are gearing up for a three week excursion throughout China. The first two weeks will be with our program, but the final ten days or so will just be with a few friends. Over the course of the three weeks I will visit Xian, Chengdu, and most of the Yunan province. When we seperate from the program, my friends and I will travel to Shangri-la and then Deqin, which borders Tibet. We will take an excusion to a secluded village, Yubeng, at the base of one of Tibets holliest mountains. We will then travel to Yangshuo in the central part of China and then back to Beijing. My mind is scattered to say the least.

So, please hang in there as I get stories in order to share with you all here. For now, I’ll let my pictures tell some stories.

Shaolin kung-fu monks. We took a trip to the Shaolin Temple - the home of Kung Fu.

Me in front of one of the enormous Longmen Grottoes. This is the largest Buddha we saw there. Breathtaking!

Watching the sunrise after a night of sleeping on the Great Wall of China

My Chinese teacher and me posing for a picture on a weekend trip.

Outside the Water Cube - where Phelps set amazing world records

A total tourist picture, but how could I resist! This place was much smaller than you'd imagine

A total tourist picture, but how could I resist! This place was much smaller than you'd imagine.