- Ross, Ted. 1987. Teach Yourself the Art of Music Engraving. Chas. M. Hansen Music and Books, Inc. Miami Beach, Florida. Subject: Music Engraving.
- Jacob, Archibald. 1947. Musical handwriting : or, How to put music on paper : A handbook for all musicians, professional and amateur. London: Oxford University Press, Subject: Musical notation.
- Roemer, Clinton.The Art of Music Copying
- Brandt, Carl, and Roemer, Clinton. Standardized Chord Symbol Notation.
Sherman Oaks, CA: Roerick Music Co.
- Johnson, Harold M. 1946. How to write music manuscript an exercise-method handbook for the music student, copyist, arranger, composer, teacher. New York: Carl Fischer, Inc. Subject: Musical notation –Handbooks, manuals.
- Donato, Anthony. 1963. Preparing Music Manuscript. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice Hall, Inc.
- “Standard Music Engraving Practice”. 1966. New York: Music Publisher’s Association.
- Music Printing & Publishing, Edited by Donald W. Krummel & Stanley Sadie. 1990. The Norton/Grove Handbooks in Music. W.W. Norton
- Foss, Hubert “Music Printing”, from Practical Printing and Binding. London: Oldhams Press Ltd., Long Acre.