Germany is the land of Gewohnheit

Moin moin! It has been a while, I know. But in my defense, I have been making human contacts with my friends a lot…. whether those Treffungen are well-planned ahead or in the “hey ALEC get out of your shower I just arrived in Göttingen from Czech and you are hosting me SURPRISE!” Bara style.

So since last post, I have spent my Weihnachten with my family and Sidney, Michael and Coco. Gotta admit, seeing Uncle Tom and Sidney getting into a huge debate about immigrants by the fireplace (Sidney made the fire!) in Oberammergau was both entertaining and unentertaining… I mean, if you ever know one of them you would know what I mean.

Then me, Sidney, Bara and Jade met in Prague. It was fun. I withdrew too much cash in Czech Koruna and had fun stressing out about it. Bara’s mom’s lecture on healthy diet was also very educational. Then the four of us met up in Göttingen (that was when the crazy Bara random show-up thing happened). I got really drunk that night and have probably told Bara and Sid a little bit too much… Ich bringe die beide irgendwann um. Keine Sorge.

After the random meet-ups with friends, it was Abschluss time. Oh how I missed CC and the block plan. Instead of waiting in line and getting to me each by every month, all the seminars are just kicking my butt with the final papers at the same time. Luckily that was over too and I was soon able to make random plans again with Frankie and Sidney (she coldly refused, stated:”I told you months ago… I am leaving for China by that time don’t you remember?” I take that as “I don’t like you Alec.”, apparently) going to Paris and skiing in northern Italy. As I am writing this blog, I have successfully posted 17 sexy cringing faces of myself on Facebook. Go check them out.

So the thought of these days is (I know I normally do not do this kind of writings but I am growing and learning from Sidney. Thank you Sidney, my loyal friend and my great tutor in life!) that Germany is the land of Gewohnheit (habits). When I take the train from Göttingen to München, it is always 2 mins after the round clock almost every hour, and it is always on Gleis 10. If I umsteigen in Würzburg, it is always stepping off on Gleis 4, and go across the platform and stepping on again on Gleis 5. When I go to Hamburg, it is always going to be on Gleis 9, and it is every 17, 43 and 56 min of the hour. See, I can recall all of those after some frequent times of traveling. DB is never late, so you almost always know when and where you would be during the trip. It is a certain feeling of certainty and Sicherheit. It is german.

(On the opposite, french trains are so different. You should expect SNCF to be 20 mins late on average and you will not know the gate until the last minute. pffff. They are too french.)

Please find attached a friendly twerking photo of me.

12419130_10207631168170506_7214335255780952099_o

Until next time!

[If you are very confused after the last two blogs- assuming that you are reading the blogs at all: this is one of the exchange blogs I do with Alec, where I write about his life and he writes about mine…. So btw his last post was supposed to be “Sidney’s”. I think I did a good job being Alec though lol.  ]