Esri challenges US students to conduct and share projects about something in their home states. Esri’s 2022 ArcGIS US School Competition is open to high school (“HS,” gr.9-12) and middle school (“MS,” gr.4-8) students in the US who can analyze, interpret, and present data via an ArcGIS StoryMap or web app.
Esri offers to all states the chance to participate, with grants to states supporting ten equal prizes of $100, for the five best HS and five best MS projects in the state. Schools can submit up to five projects to the state, and states submit to Esri up to ten awardees (up to 5 HS, up to 5 MS), with one project each at HS and MS tagged for a final level of competition. And (pending pandemics etc), from across the nation, one HS project and one MS project will each earn a trip to the 2022 Esri Education Conference in San Diego, CA.
States in the 2022 Competition (states, territories, and DoDEA are all eligible, but must apply; see full info).
- 2019 HS+MS winners and teachers at 2019 Esri Conference: 8-min video interview
- 2020 Competition Full Results Story Map (includes 2019+2018+2017 too)
- 2022 Competition Full Details page
- 2021/22 Competition State Leaders Zone (private group on GeoNet)
- Current info about Esri’s Schools Program (including how to request software)
- Questions or comments: Email Charlie Fitzpatrick, firstname.lastname@example.org