Four amazing years certainly can’t be contained in a box. But a surprise package in recognition of a job well done sure helps the celebration. Virtual festivities and moments shared from across the globe were featured (and can still be viewed) on the official CC Commencement website: www.coloradocollege.edu/commencement
- “You’ve Earned This!” was the message that greeted graduates when they first opened their graduation boxes. The full-color boxes designed by the Office of Communications featured a class photo from the Class of 2020’s first days on campus, and their class motto: “Hindsight is 2020.” A letter from President Jill Tiefenthaler, programs and awards from Honors Convocation, and a 2020 Commencement ceremony program were included as keepsakes in each box to serve as markers of celebration until the Class of 2020 gathers again next spring for an in-person commencement.
- The Office of Alumni and Family Relations welcomed graduates into the CC alumni community with the gift of a canvas CC Class of 2020 hat.
- While graduates won’t walk the stage in cap and gown until their in-person graduation scheduled for next spring, an official mortarboard and 2020 tassel completed each box.
- Academic departments provided a variety of personalized notes to their graduates as well as departmental gifts ranging from plush germs to art smocks.
- Each box contained a sticker with CC’s updated athletics logo — Go Tigers!
- A variety of stoles and cords were given out, acknowledging specific involvement in campus programs, as well as the generosity of students who donated to their senior class gift.
- Perhaps most importantly, diplomas cased in official diploma covers signify the completion of degrees, honoring the culmination of each graduate’s hard work and commitment to academic learning.
- Author Jean Case P’17 donated and personally signed copies of her book, “Be Fearless,” which contains inspiring stories and lessons especially appropriate for this class, launched in the world at such a challenging time.