Campus Safety has received information about burglaries of several houses near campus.
There have been six burglaries since Feb. 17 with three occurring in the last three days.
These burglaries have taken place on Cache La Poudre Street, Wahsatch Avenue, Nevada Avenue, and Cascade Avenue. An arrest has been made in one of these cases. The primary items stolen were computer and electronic equipment.
If you are a victim of any crime, please report it immediately. If you have any information regarding these recent crimes, please contact Campus Safety at (719) 389-6707; Colorado Springs Police Department non-emergency, (719) 444-7000; or make an anonymous report through Crime Stoppers at (719) 634-STOP, (719) 634-7867.
CC Campus Safety is working with colleagues at CSPD and will keep the community updated as additional information is available.
Please remember these safety tips:
- Make sure all exterior doors and windows have working locks and that they are locked.
- Keep your house or apartment locked at all times.
- Use window chocks that limit how far a window can be opened.
- Carry a fully charged cellphone with emergency numbers.
- Document serial numbers to your electronic devices to aid investigators if those items are stolen.
- Be alert. Keep your head up, remove your earbuds, and be aware of surroundings.
- Report suspicious activity, behaviors, and circumstances or vehicles immediately to Campus Safety.
Campus Safety is available to conduct a property safety assessment of your space at no cost. To schedule an assessment email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Campus Safety.
Important numbers to know:
CSPD Emergency 911
CSPD Non-Emergency (719) 444-7000
Campus Safety Emergency (719) 389-6911
Campus Safety Non-Emergency (719) 389-6707
This information is being released in compliance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Timely warnings are issued to provide information about a potentially dangerous situation at or near Colorado College and to provide our students and employees with the information necessary to make decisions or take appropriate actions to ensure their safety.