Campus Safety is issuing a timely warning regarding a burglary and theft from a motor vehicle.
These crimes occurred within the last week in off-campus houses. The area where these crimes occurred is adjacent to campus to the east and to the north. A black Nissan Armada with Colorado license plate ABG-D97 was seen at both locations. The plate is a red “fleet” license plate. The driver is described as a 20- to 30-year-old male with a thin build and very short or shaved hair. If you see this car or the driver, do not approach them, contact 911.
If you are a victim of any crime, please report it immediately. If you have any information regarding these recent crimes, please contact Campus Safety at (719) 389-6707; Colorado Springs Police Department non-emergency, (719) 444-7000; or make an anonymous report through Crime Stoppers at (719) 634-STOP, (719) 634-7867.
CC Campus Safety is working with colleagues at CSPD and will keep the community updated as additional information is available.
Please remember these safety tips:
- Make sure all exterior doors and windows have working locks and that they are locked.
- Keep your house, apartment, and vehicle locked at all times.
- Use window chocks that limit how far a window can be opened.
- Keep blinds and curtains closed.
- Consider leaving on lights and radios to make a house appear occupied.
- Carry a fully charged cellphone with emergency numbers.
- Document serial numbers to your electronic devices to aid investigators if those items are stolen.
- Be alert. Keep your head up, remove your earbuds, and be aware of surroundings.
- Report suspicious activity, behaviors, and circumstances or vehicles immediately to Campus Safety.
Campus Safety is available to conduct a property safety assessment of your space at no cost. To schedule an assessment email email@example.com
or call Campus Safety.
Important numbers to know:
CSPD Emergency 911
CSPD Non-Emergency (719) 444-7000
Campus Safety Emergency (719) 389-6911
Campus Safety Non-Emergency (719) 389-6707