An Introduction

Hi, my name is Silas, and I’m a college student from Colorado College, making a blog for my physics course, Life in the Universe. I have no real experience in this field, except with the occasional night gazing at the stars in my backyard, contemplating the mysteries of life and existence itself. I’ve never been great at science, I’ve always been more of an abstract and artistic thinker rather than a mathematical prodigy, but I’m hoping this class will re-invigorate my love of the natural world.

I currently am undeclared in my studies, and I would prefer to keep it that way until I have experimented in various classes. For my first year of college, I want to experience all that Colorado College has to offer; I have a few more years ahead of me before I plan to settle down in one area. But if I was to choose at this moment now, I would probably major in economics, seems like a very broad and useful degree.

I was born in England, and I left that life behind at the ripe age of two, when my family went to live in Georgia, the state, not the country. We were there for a while, until we moved again to Aurora, CO. I lived there for 12 years, and went to three different high schools. Switching schools a few times was tough, but I made a lot of interesting friends, and had a wide range of life-changing experiences. My favorite memories from high school were performing on stage; I was involved in the improv club and theater and musical productions. Eventually, I ended up at Colorado College, where I am currently residing. Right now, the future is uncertain, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

In this class, I hope to get a better understanding about where we come from, how life originated, and the possibilities of other life forms out there. Life itself has always been such a mystery to me, and I would love to learn more about it all.

One subject from astronomy that has always interested me are black holes, they seem like such an impossible concepts, yet they exist, light years away.

Well, anyways, thanks for checking out my blog. I think this will be a good experience for us both.

Here’s my face for reference:

Image

My senior picture