SONG OF THE DAY – Nicki Minaj “Starships”

I know, I know. This song came out a MONTH ago… But I really don’t think enough credit was given to this gem of a Nicki Minaj track. It’s got a little bit of everything in it. The part you can sing with driving in the car. The part you can rage to. Even the part you can’t sing in front of your mother (but I feel like that’s not the best way to differentiate Nicki Minaj songs). I can’t tell you how many time’s I’ve had to playback the “higher than a motherf*****” beat drop. I’ve never had a Nicki song fill me with so much adrenaline (except for maybe Moment 4 Life with Drake, but you probably already thought that too). Regardless of which part you’ll enjoy the most, I highly encourage you to download/bootleg/listen to this song immediately.

“Starships” is one of the few confirmed songs off of Nicki’s upcoming second full album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded. I’m sure I speak for most of the popular music connoisseurs in saying that I’m pretty excited for this next album. And if every song is as multifaceted and bumpin’ as “Starships,” I’ll buy it opening day.

If you couldn’t tell, I am border lining on obsession with Nicki. Seriously, I would do dark and sick things to marry Nicki Minaj. She would probably eat me though… That said, I’m in no way a fan of this recent alternate person Roman Zolanski  that Ms. Minaj recently introduced at the Grammy’s this year (Youtube it if you javen’t seen it, it’s bizarre). Happy Listening, and join me in forcing Nicki to have only one pretty, pink persona. Cheers.