SONG OF THE DAY: Butch Walker and the Black Widows – “Synthesizers”

I must confess, I only discovered this song because someone showed me the music video. I am probably the biggest Dazed and Confused fan around, so seeing Matthew McConaughey reprise his role as David Wooderson literally made me giddy. For a song completely about liking party but without all of the glitter and flare that comes with it nowadays, Butch and the boys couldn’t have picked a better face for it. As a DaC fan, I like to think Wooderson would be exactly how he’s depicted in the music video; dressed exactly the same and picking up (multiple) women exactly his age. Music video aside, “Synthesizers” is a song to groove to. The build is perfect and it’s chorus is just catchy enough that it never gets annoying (at least it hasn’t for me yet).

Butch Walker and the Black Widows’s new album The Spade came out August of last year (sorry this isn’t the most current song, but it’s gonna make a comeback). If you’ve never heard of Butch Walker, you should probably Google this guy. He’s been in the music business for a while and done everything from 80’s metal to Southern blues. He’s been with the Black Widows since 2010. I would recommend listening to a little bit of everything from this guy, but mostly “Synthesizers.”

(Fun Fact: Butch Walker is the bartender in the music video)