Family and Friends Weekend, one of Colorado College’s largest annual on-campus events, embraces the myriad ways family can be defined. It’s an opportunity for students to celebrate the CC community and share it with their families — including parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles … and friends! Come spend time reconnecting with your student, and experience firsthand the people, programs, and places that make Colorado College a place like no other.
Family and Friends Weekend will coincide this year with the 25th anniversary of the Ritt Kellogg Memorial Fund honoring alumnus Peter Rittenhouse (Ritt) Kellogg ’90. Kellogg had a passion for the outdoors that he pursued his entire life — a passion that is shared by many who are attracted to Colorado College in part because of its Rocky Mountain location. Selected weekend events will celebrate the outdoors and outdoor education at CC:
- CC Trustee Kishen Mangat ’96, student leaders, and outdoor education staff will host the “Sense of Place Feature Lunch,” where you can learn more about “Why Outdoor Education Matters.”
- CC students who received expedition awards from the Ritt Kellogg Memorial Fund last year will share photos and stories from their adventures at the Expedition Slideshow.
- The newly constructed storage space at the Ahlberg Outdoor Education Center will be dedicated and there will be fun, food, and music.
And there’s more:
- Join us as we honor 10 distinguished former CC students by bestowing their names on buildings and a courtyard in the new East Campus Housing Community (rendering above).
- The newly re-imagined Tutt Library will also
be on display with open houses and guided or self-guided tours.
- Help us welcome the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center to the Colorado College family! Docent-led tours followed by the opportunity for participants to engage their creative aspirations with a variety of hands-on art activities will be available on Saturday afternoon.
- Attend one of the faculty lectures offered as part of Friday morning’s TigerED program.
- Hear the latest on the “state of the college” from President Tiefenthaler.
- Be amazed by the number and quality of research opportunities available at CC at the Summer Faculty-Student Collaborative Research (SCoRe) Symposium.
- Cheer the CC Tigers’ men’s soccer team
We look forward to welcoming you to campus in October!
Get the most current schedule of events, and register at www.coloradocollege.edu/familyandfriendsweekend.
We highly recommend that you check with your student regarding his or her academic and activity schedule during Family and Friends Weekend and coordinate any planned activities prior to registering.
Questions? Call (719) 389-6817
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.