Members of Kris Stanec’s ED475 Arts Methods class, debriefing Tyler’s lesson before going to Holmes to watch Kit teach.
This gallery contains 13 photos.
The 2014 ED121 Youth Empowerment class took an overnight trip to the Colorado College Cabin on September 19-20, 2014. Students had class on Saturday, September 20 and cultivated stronger relationships with one another for the rest of the course, which … Continue reading
ACADEMY SCHOOL DISTRICT 20
Dr. Mark Hatchell, Superintendent of Schools
Education & Administration Center
1110 Chapel Hills Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Phone 719-234-1200 * Fax 719-234-1257
Physics Teacher (INR)
Posting Date: August 15, 2014
Last Day to Submit an Application or Transfer Request: Three business days from posting date or until filled.
Organization: Air Academy High School
Location: Air Academy HS
Will be teaching physics and honors physics
- Valid Colorado Teaching license
- Demonstrated expertise in subject area
- Excellent organizational and academic skills
- Effective student management skills
- Student centered; Demonstrated success in working with students
- Inquiry-based approach to learning
- Excellent collaborative/teaming skills
- Energetic, creative, innovative, flexible
- Ability to use data/technology to improve instruction and learning, and to interpret test data
- Working knowledge of and success in applying state standards in subject area
- Excellent interpersonal skills; skillful communicator with students, staff and parents
- Highly qualified per Colorado Department of Education and per district requirements, if applicable Continue reading
The Education Department at Colorado College, a selective private liberal arts institution, invites applications for a full-time tenure track Assistant Professor in Literacy Development and Early Childhood/Elementary Education (P-6) beginning fall 2015.
We seek a colleague with expertise in literacy, most specific to the elementary years, and P-12 school experience (as a classroom teacher, literacy coach, literacy resource teacher, administrator or equivalent).
The position requires teaching six courses during the academic year with the potential for teaching summer courses. Courses contribute to both our undergraduate Education major and Teacher Preparation programs (9th semester and Master of Arts in Teaching).
For a photo collage of the 2014 MAT graduation ceremony, visit http://photos.coloradocollege.edu/MAT-Graduation/ for more photos taken by Caitlin Taber ’17.
Tim Hoisington (MAT 2011) continues to demonstrate his kindness and compassion through the Peace Corps program in Nicaragua. Click the link below for a Spanish language video on oven and stove projects, featuring Tim at around 5 minutes into the video.
Middle and Upper School Math Teacher
Posting Date: May 30, 2014
School: The Colorado Springs School
Description: The Colorado Springs School is looking for a qualified math teacher to teach 5 math classes, serve as a student advisor, and lead experiential activities.
- Degree in mathematics – bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- Previous experience teaching mathematics in middle/upper school
- Innovative mindset with strong skills in communication, collaboration, and technology
- Ability and desire to lead multi-day experiential seminars
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of personal teaching philosophy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Eric Gaylord, email@example.com
The Education Department at Colorado College is seeking a visiting lecturer in Elementary Math methods. The visitor would teach elementary math methods in Block Two (September 29 through October 22) to graduate and undergraduate students in the teacher preparation program. For the upcoming year, we have seven Master of Arts in Teaching students and one 9th semester undergraduate student teacher for this block two class.
In general, class is held in the afternoons from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, with each student having a practicum school placement in the mornings. The syllabus for the course can be based upon prior years’ courses.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Master’s degree or higher in education or related field.
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience, specific to math at the elementary level, with knowledge of current standards and assessment in math.
- Experience working with student teachers, either as a supervisor, former cooperating teacher or in higher education settings is preferred.
Salary for teaching the methods class is determined by the Dean of the College, falling in the range of $3200-$4000 for the block.
This block visitor position will remain open until filled, with the desire to hire the visitor before mid-July.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a letter of interest and a resume to Una Ng who will forward information to Mike Taber, Chair of the Department.
Una Ng, Staff Assistant
Colorado College Education Department
I am currently in my third year as Superintendent of Summit County Schools. It’s a district with 3200 students surrounded by breathtaking ski resorts.
Thanks to the MAT program, I have enjoyed a long and stimulating career in education, with 27 years spent in Colorado Springs in Academy District 20. I credit the MAT program (as well as my undergraduate years at CC) with launching my career.
Heidi Nickels Pace
Ph.D. (DU) 2008
BA (CC) 1982