Fall Break takes place Thursday, November 16 – Sunday, November 26, 2017
- Housing is available for students who have requested accommodations. Students who have obligations with the college, are members of an athletic team in season, or may have a special circumstance that may warrant “Break Stay Approval” were advised to request accommodations from their RLC (Residential Life Coordinator) no later than Friday November 10, 2017. Communications with athletic coaches and international programs began on October 23, and other students were notified of Fall Break closing procedures shortly after. The RLCs will continue to work with students to ensure student requests are met.
- Rastall Dining Hall will be open for lunch 12-1pm only on Thursday, 11/16 and Friday, 11/17. Students who choose to eat in Rastall Dining Hall on 11/16 and 11/17 will not have to pay or use dining dollars. Any staff, faculty or other community members would have to pay cash rate (no lunch club) for those lunches. Rastall will be closed for the remainder of the break, until Sunday November 26th at 5pm at which point they return to regular hours.
- Wooglin’s and La’au’s are offering 30% off to students with a CCID over the fall break.
- On Thursday, November 23 RLCA and Campus Safety are hosting a Thanksgiving Luncheon at 1 p.m. in Bemis Great Hall. Faculty and staff are also welcome to participate. This event is free and does not require students to utilize their meal plan.
- Two Resident Assistants hired for the fall break will drive students to local grocery stores twice during the break. Students who request accommodations by November 10th will receive notice of these trips and other Fall Break offerings via email.
- Students may purchase a one-way shuttle ticket from campus to Denver or Colorado Springs airports from the Worner Desk, using cash, check, credit, or gold card. Shuttles are available on Wednesday, November 15 from Noon – 5 PM, and again Thursday, November 16 from 7 AM until 1 PM.
- The break Resident Assistants will coordinate two shuttles to local grocery stores.
- For unexpected injuries or illness requiring transportation, students can contact Campus Safety at their non-emergency number: (719)389-6707.
Free Special Events
- There are several free events planned for students, including free movie and food vouchers from downtown Colorado Springs establishments, events in residence halls, a shopping trip to the Castle Rock Outlets, a trip to SkyZone Trampoline Park, and Outdoor Education trips.
- Thursday, November 23 – Thanksgiving meal in Bemis at 1 p.m.
- Many students are also involved with the Friendship Families/Host Families program sponsored through The Butler Center.
Health and Safety
- RLCs (Residential Life Coordinators) and RAs (Resident Assistants) will remain in some halls and are accessible for all students.
- Campus Safety non-emergency number: (719)389-6707
- Campus Safety Emergency number: (719)389-6911
Over Fall Break, we will continue to offer support to our students and opportunities for engagement and community. Our goal is to ensure students remaining with us have a safe and enjoyable Fall Break.
For further information, please contact Bethany Grubbs, Assistant Director of Residential Life & Campus Activities email@example.com or Rochelle Mason, Senior Associate Dean of Students firstname.lastname@example.org.