Desk Job Jests

Due to the “desk job” -esque nature of my last week at EyeWire, here are the photos I have taken:

Me at my desk. Pictured from left to right: Monitor #1, Monitor #2, Nina Friedman. (I have not reached 3 monitor abilities yet, see last post for details). Also pictured: 3D printed neurons mapped by EyeWirers. Unreasonably cool.
Me at my desk. Pictured from left to right: Monitor #1, Monitor #2, Nina Friedman. (I have not reached 3 monitor abilities yet, see last post for details). Also pictured: 3D printed neurons mapped by EyeWirers. Which are out-of-this-world-unreasonably cool.

It looks like the 3D printed neurons shown are a bistratified ganglion cell and a J Cell, both found in a mouse retina, but both found in the human retina as well.

Me in the elevator leaving my building at the end of the day. Can you say #thrillsoftheofficelife 5 times fast?

Work isn’t actually boring. I still get to play on the internet (read: look up cool neuroscience content and blog). I just have to make fun of the office life, especially as a shout of to my CC student readers. I know y’all say you would never take a desk job, but desk jobs can be exciting too. And though I work at a desk, I’m allowed to leave it to go to the bathroom, for lunch, for calls ect. I am told this is the case with many desk jobs, and I encourage you to consider it as an option, due to the perks of playing with many monitors.

Below in pink you will find the golden product of my time so far at EyeWire.

I recommend this link to middle and high school science teachers and others looking for interactive online intro neuroscience content. If you don’t fall in those categories, hope you enjoyed mah pics.

**************~~~~~>EyeWire Edu Blog Post <~~~~~**************

Published by Nina '16

Hi! My name is Nina and I am a Junior at Colorado College. I am taking a semester off to intern at a startup called EyeWire. EyeWire is part of the citizen science movement where anyone from anywhere can collect data for research. EyeWire gamified the process of brain mapping, and now gamers help gather neuronal projection data at http://eyewire.org. In this blog I will talk about my experiences during my semester, and during my internship.