Boston Day 5: CC Alums are SUPERSTARS!

Holy smokes, Boston folks! The EC 348 pals have made it to our FINAL day in Boston and like EVERY SINGLE MOMENT of this trip, it was INCREDIBLE! We started the day off strong with an exciting visit to Harvard to meet with CC alumnus and Dean of Continuing Education and Extension, Hunt Lambert.

To say the least, we were dazzled by Hunt.

I could not scribble fast enough to keep up with all of his accomplishments, business ventures, and entrepreneurial advice. He has started over 25 companies and sold his first company to the CIA because it successfully predicted the behavior of world leaders! (That CIA tidbit was a real stand-out; it came up in the first five minutes and then I was too dazzled to keep up with the rest).

I did eventually retrieve my jaw from the floor of Hunt’s office and we continued on with our day!

We did a quick skip and caboodle on down to Harvard Business School to meet with CC alumna, Lara Gund, of the HBS Office of Admissions. It must be known that Lara is a STAR and has been working to support female representation at HBS, as well as leadership development initiatives for women! Go Lara!

Fun fact about Lara: She played club ice hockey at CC and just celebrated her 50th birthday with friends from CC!

Then, when I thought things couldn’t get any more exciting and friendshippy … another CC alumnus and current HBS student, Sam Vallely, walked in with three of his classmate pals: Garrett, John, and Taylor! They talked about their entrepreneurial projects at Harvard’s iLab and let me just say, they were absolutely INCREDIBLE! — so much so that I had to re-retrieve my jaw from the floor of the Harvard grounds once again!

Through all the excitement of the day, we even managed to grab lunch in Harvard Square with yet another STAR-STUDDED CC alumna, Leslie Brunner! Leslie is the Chief People Officer at DevotedHealth and also the most dynamic, bubbly, and engaging person in all of Boston. I was STAR-STRUCK as she shared how her company is revolutionizing how our aging population receives health care in a more person-centric, efficient, and affordable manner. Go Leslie!

… And finally, Go Red Sox! For our final class extravaganza of the field trip, we enjoyed a popcorn-filled, soft-pretzel-filled, nacho-filled, hot dog-filled, and FRIENDSHIP-filled baseball game all together at Fenway Park! The EC 348 pals LOVE snacks … but even more, we LOVE Boston and we LOVED this entire experience!

Thank you to Professor Dan from Canada (Danada) for organizing the most valuable, most action-packed, most fully whelming field trip of all time! And thank you to all of the incredible alums, entrepreneurs, and Boston companies who took the time to host us, engage with our questions, and provide invaluable insight into the world of innovation!

Published by Ali

Hi, My name is Ali Baird and I am a senior economics major and REMS minor. I am a big fan of puppies, frosting cupcakes, and collecting stationary. I'm super pumped to be blogging for the BEST class ever, The Economics of Innovation, taught by Professor Dan Johnson!

One reply on “Boston Day 5: CC Alums are SUPERSTARS!”

1. YO! What’s good? It’s me, Casey and I am an incoming freshman this fall. I just read your post and felt obligated to let you know that your journalism is SUPERB. Danada seems pretty dope, too. Please share my regards with EC 348.