AUG 30 2015

Overstimulated

Miscellaneous

I’ve always been one to overthink things. I feel often I contradict my go with the flow, mellow attitude, because most of the time my brain underneath my usual calm demeanor is going a million miles per hour.

Coming to England has been a lot of emotions wrapped up into a short amount of time, and it’s quite overwhelming. Coming to a new place brings up a lot of issues you thought you had resolved in your home, a place where things can stay generally constant. Here things are constantly changing, and I don’t know if I’m doing that as well. I want to be someone who can change for the better, appreciate the moment I’m in, and communicate how I’m feeling easily. I hope this experience of being thrown into an ever-changing environment can help me with this.

Last night I found some posts that are giving me encouragement.

“You can lie on a bridge and watch water flowing past. Or run, or wade through a swamp in your red boots. Or roll yourself up and listen to the rain falling on the roof. It’s very easy to enjoy yourself” – Tove Jansson, “Moominvalley in November”

This quote gives me the reminder that it’s okay to be alone, and it’s good for my introverted self to enjoy time to simply be alone.

“Accept who you are; and revel in it” – Mitch Albom, Tuesdays With Morrie

I want this so bad. I hope I learn to appreciate myself more on this trip.

Discovery I think is necessary for me on this trip, and I look forward to it.