SEP 20 2015

Slightly Lost in London

Miscellaneous

IMG_5589IMG_5588

England has been filled with fish and chips, good sandwiches and going out to eat a lot in general. I’m not complaining in any way, I’m a big fan of food, but the other night I was feeling pretty sluggish. I decided I should go for a run, and actually followed through with it. I knew Regent’s Park was close to our hostel, so I put it in my maps and took to the streets with my big backpack on holding only my wallet, my copy of Great Expectations and my water bottle, probably looking like a tourist.

As Maps often does, I don’t think the directions were right, but luckily I saw a sign and somehow ended up in the huge Regent’s Park. There were endless trees, flowers, and people sitting on the grass. Luckily I saw a woman running in front of me that looked like she knew where she was going so I followed her at a distance.

Following my running guide, I ran through the park, feeling great. It was beautiful, not to mention some good people watching. People lying on blankets on dates, people having picnics, and groups playing soccer and cricket.

I lost my running leader, and took a turn hoping for the best. I ended up on the path we came on, and made it out of the park. I went to get takeaway dinner, and walked back to the park to eat and read in the grass. It was a beautiful night, with a good book and dinner.

You could say our whole time in London I’ve been slightly lost. Whether it’s taking five different streets until I finally get to the right one with the Laundromat, blindly following FSA group members on the tube hoping they know how to get to where we are going, or being lost in the amount of things to do in this cool city. Being slightly lost is a good problem to have I think, it’s keeping me on my toes.

On an unrelated note, try not to listen to Landslide if your a new college student that’s left home, or you may end up trying to not cry in the basement kitchen of your hostel.