SEP 20 2015

Food in England

Miscellaneous

IMG_0116-Venison Burger at the Borough Market

So far my experiences with food in England have been more than satisfactory. For the first week and a half I was entirely addicted to fish and chips, faithfully ordering it whenever it appeared on the menu. However, since lunch in Oxford I have picked up a new favorite- Nando’s hot churrasco thigh burger. Due to one of it’s restaurant’s locations a block away from the YHA it has become a favorite of mine for lunch and/or dinner. However, by far the best food I have encountered so far in England was at the Borough Market today in Southwark . At first I was somewhat disconcerted by the chaos and the lack of the quality assurance provided by branding, but with the help of free samples I was able to navigate my way to the best establishments. The venison burger, pictured above, was not only the first of its kind I have ever come across, but also delightful. However, even better and more surprising was the truffle-filled tortellini, which was possibly the best pasta I have ever had in my life. Visiting the Borough Market was a memorable experience which not only blessed me with some of the greatest food I have encountered but also has whetted my appetite for market food in the three remaining blocks.