You are invited to join the University of Washington Communication Leadership graduate program’s premier public virtual event — Comm Lead Connects! It’s designed for current and future professionals in communications, advocacy, and leadership roles across industries, including storytelling, design, marketing, and human resources. This year’s Connects will feature Community, creativity & leadership in a transformed world.
In this series of interactive workshops, you’ll join leading communication thinkers and practitioners in preparing for a new era, with three specific goals in mind:
[Re]creating accountability & trust via storytelling, design, and content
Wed. March 17th | 11:30 am – 1:00 pm PT
- Sree Sreenivasan, CEO and Co-Founder, Digimentors, former Chief Digital Officer, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Columbia University
- Bekah Marcum, Founder of Black Designers of Seattle, Product Designer at Instagram
- Jenna Hanchard, Award-winning journalist, storyteller
[Re]uniting our workplaces & teams through intentional leadership practices
Wed. March 24th | 11:30 am – 1:00 pm PT
- Diana Birkett Rakow, Vice President, Public Affairs & Sustainability at Alaska Airlines
- Sage Ke’alohilani Quiamno, Award-winning entrepreneur, speaker, and changemaker, CEO and Co-Founder of Future for Us
- La’Kita Williams, Culture Strategist, Executive and Leadership Coach, Founder of CoCreate Work
[Re]claiming our communities feat. Mia Birdsong
Wed. March 31st | 11:30 am – 1:00 pm PT
- Mia Birdsong, Pathfinder, Community curator, and storyteller, Author of How We Show Up: Reclaiming Family, Friendship, and Community
What you can expect:
- Hear from leading communication thinkers and practitioners across sectors.
- Explore emerging trends in creativity, storytelling, design, and leadership practices related to our transformed world of work.
- Collaborate and reflect together in small groups.
- Network with industry professionals and graduate students.