- Jan Edwards gave an overview of the students that Accessibility Resources serves as well as universal design points to consider when creating any campus space or computer-related activity. One way ITS: can help Accessibility Resources is to assist in making CC’s different web pages accessible, which includes details such as tagging photos.
- Kudos were shared.
- Brian provided highlights from the recent board meeting. The budget passed, and the budget committee will finalize specific elements over the next couple of months. The campaign’s public phase will launch at homecoming weekend this fall. A new strategic-focused board committee will be formed. This committee will concentrate on the student experience as students move from graduation to their next stage of life and will most likely involve alumni serving as mentors.
- Angie shared a brief update from the ITS: survey review team (Janet, Jim Grey, Dan Raney, Weston, and Angie). The team reviewed the survey results and came up with two action items, both of which have been shared with Special Ops and are being developed. One idea is to have supervisors touch base quarterly with their direct reports regarding their annual review.
- Jim Schulz reported that there were 18 applicants for the application programmer analyst position. The committee has conducted five Skype interviews with one more being held today. They will invite three candidates to on-campus interviews.
- Linda shared the Brocade and phone upgrade updates on behalf of David Ziemba and Vish. Last year, Broadcom purchased Brocade and now there are talks that another company may be purchasing Broadcom. CC’s Brocade equipment and service will continue to be covered no matter who owns them.
Also, David Z. and Vish met with Venture Technologies and Cisco regarding the phone system. The quotes will be reviewed soon, with campus-wide implementation planned for this summer.
As always, thank you, Angie, for these notes!
ITS: Always fun, never boring