Here are the notes from the Thursday, October 13, 2016, division meeting:
- Director of Facilities Chris Coulter visited and discussed current and upcoming projects, as well as some facts and figures about the campus and Facilities. He thanked ITS: for their help with current and past projects. Chris has renderings of the East Campus housing project if anyone would like to see them.
- Kudos were shared.
- Vish introduced Karen Klovdahl, our new Database and Systems Administrator.
- Brian shared details about the Fine Arts Center (FAC). Currently the focus is on connectivity, safety, and security. David Ziemba’s team, along with Dave Beck, will be working on running fiber from Packard Hall. Eric Raczkowski and Maggie Santos, Campus Safety, are coordinating the cameras and security system so there will be a camera feed back to campus. Four of the center’s employees have been transferred and are now CC employees. More will be transitioned over time. A smart classroom is being built at the center so classes can be held there beginning in Block 3.
- Brian spoke about the ITS: satisfaction survey. A small group from ITS: – including Jim Grey, Dan Raney, Angie, Weston, and Janet – will review the results and offer their thoughts on potential next steps. At the next division meeting, we’ll discuss their feedback and decide on what specific suggestions we will follow through with in order to improve the division.
- Dan Wiencek shared his interview with Jeff Montoya.
As always, thank you, Angie, for these great notes!
ITS:Always fun, never boring