11 Pages

It’s not good. It’s not terrible either. It’s just alright, but it’s also the longest play I’ve ever written, so I’ve got that going for me, which is nice.

I have not written a lot of fiction in my life. This play, while definitely angsty and almost definitely shitty, is still dialogue-driven, still meets the page requirement, and still has some cool stuff going on onstage. So while I might not be proud of it, it’s on paper. (Actually no it’s not, it’s still just a lowly PDF, but I’m printing in a sec) That might be one of the more valuable things I’ve learned from this class: if you can get it out of your head, you’ll be able to edit it and make it workable. That’s what I did. I kept myself from saying “this is shitty, I shouldn’t write this,” and now I have a play. Doesn’t change its shitty factor. But it exists.

And dammit, that counts.

Love, Alec

Published by Alec '17

I'm a Denver native majoring in Theatre. I have a mole on my right cheekbone, I learned to juggle when I was ten and to unicycle when I was thirteen, and my favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia. I have personally seen the world's largest ball of yarn.