Oh No

My 7th block was canceled a few months ago because the professor is directing the epic stage masterpieceĀ Angels in America: Millennium ApproachesĀ instead, so I decided this would be a good time to get my Q credit out of the way. (The Q stands for Quantitative Reasoning, by the way, and it’s difficult to get one of those within a Theatre major, so you grab it where you can) I’m in a class called Formal Logic, which I assumed would be easy. I’m three hours and two minutes into my first day in this block, and I’m already kind of panicking.

My mind is not meant for this kind of stuff. I’m a terrible arguer. I always have been. I had heard from a million people that this was supposed to be “math for English majors.” I’m still not feeling good about what’s going on here, however. Today we learned about conversion, obversion, contraposition, fallacy, subcontraries, superalternation, and so on and so forth. I don’t really know what any of that means, so I’m just listing it. I’m going to do my best not to drown in this class. I’ve decided to prove to myself that I can make it through a non-humanities class without giving in and taking it pass/fail. That’s my ultimate goal.

I’m worried it’s a dumb one.

Updates to come after I finish my crazy homework.

Love,

Alec

Published by Alec '17

I'm a Denver native majoring in Theatre. I have a mole on my right cheekbone, I learned to juggle when I was ten and to unicycle when I was thirteen, and my favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia. I have personally seen the world's largest ball of yarn.

One reply on “Oh No”

1. As you well know, I took Logic in college for the exact same reason. Every day, I had to meet with the prof to get help.

Ultimately, I succeeded. You are MUCH more capable of this stuff than I. I feel confident that you are not making a mistake by not taking it pass/fail. Remember how scared you were of GEO?