The Effect of Snow on Nina

ABSTRACT In the following experiment 26 inches of snow were dumped on Boston and we measured the amount of time it took for Nina to get to work with low functioning public transport. The following week we dumped 14 inches on Boston to check for a significant difference in travel time. In the second trial the participant caught a ride with a Lebanese Oral Surgeon/Harvard Professor she found on Comm Ave and this extraneous variable invalidated results. No pepper spray was needed in the conduction of this experiment but the IRB guys are still mad.

Hi guys. Boston snow is outta control. It looks like this:

snow

I only worked one day last week because the state was shut down. I didn’t even know a state could shut down.

So what I did when I was working: After educational YouTube video binging for 3 days I created a few playlists on the EyeWire YouTube channel. I forgot to log off and watched some Kanye before realizing I was still on EyeWire’s account. This altered EyeWire’s suggested videos to include some hip-hop among the midst of PBS videos. Ob la dee. The weekend came, and Saturday some of EyeWire Korea tripped all the way to Boston. Jung-Man Park, who runs EyeWire Korea, a couple of reporters, and five Korean EyeWire contest winners all came to the headquarters. We met Jung-Man and the winning players at HQ, showed them around, and thanked them.

Front row in descending order of who's laughing the hardest: Nina, Marissa, Jung-Man, Amy, Chris, jay_ Back row from left to right: superrogin, kngskwon, tunerk7, and Mina
Front row in descending order of who’s laughing the hardest: Nina, Marissa, Jung-Man, Amy, Chris, jay_
Back row from left to right: superrogin, kngskwon, tunerk7, and Mina

10387535_879776242042840_188200234980875230_n

Amy did a bit of business and some promotion, talking with the reporters. Those who were available went out to dinner with Jung Man. This ended up being me, Amy, and Chris. To backtrack- Chris is one of the developers in my office, Marissa in the photo holds the title of GameMaster**, and Mina is the Korean translator in our office. Dinner was super fun! Jung-Man was a cool guy, probably as cool as his name. Here’s us on the way to dinner(featuring the snow before it was a hassle).

Coming soon to a block features website near you: “Google Hangouts: A Critique”, “Curriculum, and Other Vague Words”, “Business Flirting: A Definition”.

**GameMasters mostly act as administrators on the game, connecting with players, organizing in-game events and putting the finishing touches on a traced neuron.

Published by Nina '16

Hi! My name is Nina and I am a Junior at Colorado College. I am taking a semester off to intern at a startup called EyeWire. EyeWire is part of the citizen science movement where anyone from anywhere can collect data for research. EyeWire gamified the process of brain mapping, and now gamers help gather neuronal projection data at http://eyewire.org. In this blog I will talk about my experiences during my semester, and during my internship.

One reply on “The Effect of Snow on Nina”

1. WE WANT MORE POSTS BY NINA. WE WOULD LIKE NINA TO TAKE OVER THE CC WEBSITE IN ORDER TO IMPART MORE WISDOM AND GIGGLES TO THE GENERAL POPULACE. Thx.